Registration & Fees
If you would like to register your child with us there is a simple process to follow:
- Make yourself familiar with our opening times and sessions we offer, chose which suits your needs best.
- Call us to arrange a visit. This will give you a chance to look around our nursery, meet our staff and ask any questions you have.
- On this visit you will be given a registration form to fill in and return. Once we have this form back we will place you on our waiting list. Please see our admissions policy.
- Once a place has been secured you will be invited in again to discuss with your child’s key person a settling in plan for your child. During this visit you will get the chance to discuss your child’s care with their key person and fill an ‘All About me’ booklet together so we get to know all about your child.
- At this meeting we will arrange your free 2 x 2 hour settling in sessions, these are to help your child settle with us.
- Before your child starts at Polka Day Care you will be asked to sign a contract, which confirms your requirements and outlines the terms and conditions of the childcare place offered.
Information on our current waiting list can be obtained by contacting the Polka Day Care on 01328 711699 asking to speak to the manager or the room leader of the room you are wishing to start in.
Polka Dots (0-2yrs)
Full day: 8am – 6pm – £40.00
Half day: 8.00 am – 1.00 pm or 1pm to 6pm – £23.50
Polka Tots (2-3yrs)
Full Day: 8am – 6pm – £38.00
Half day: 8am – 1pm or 1pm – 6pm – £22.50
Full Day: 8am – 6pm – £37.00
Half day: 8am – 1pm or 1pm – 6pm – £22.00
School Day: 9am – 3pm – £28.50
3hr session: 9am – 12pm or 1pm – 4pm – £13.50
Hourly Rate or part of – £6.50
Sessions maybe available outside these times if space is, please speak to the manager
Hourly rate only used at manager discretion, when space is available.
2 x 2 hour settling in session (without parent/carer) free of charge for all ages.
(Any additional sessions payable at normal rate).
Prices includes lunch & tea when attending over meal times – 12pm & 4pm, where hourly rate is applied, meals will be charged at an additional £2 each.
All nappies and wipes are provided where required, free of charge.
Cool Cats (Breakfast, After School and Holiday Club)
Full Day: 8am – 6pm – £33.00 (including meals (optional): £37.00)
Half Day: 9am – 1pm or 1pm – 6pm – £17.50
Hourly Rate or part of – £6.00
Meals charged at £2.00
Breakfast Club 8am – start of School – £3.00 inc breakfast
After School Club end of school to 5.30pm – £10.00 inc tea
Invoices are issued before the beginning of each month and all invoices must be paid in advance i.e. within 7 days of the start of the month. All absences are paid for, ie holidays and days off sick. As a charity we rely on invoices being paid on time, this helps us to keep fees to a minimum; your child’s place will be put at risk if fees are persistently not paid in time.
Early Years Government funding for 2, 3 and 4 year olds
Polka Day Care is registered to accept early years government funding for 2, 3 and 4 year old.
Take2 is a scheme offering up to 15 hours of free early learning and childcare per week for eligible two-year-olds in Norfolk. Early learning and childcare is great for children, they can learn through play, make new friends, try different activities and get a good start to education. To qualify you need to meet a certain criteria, to find out more give us a call and speak to a member of staff.
The Government is committed to enabling all 3 and 4 year olds to access their entitlement to free early years education. All 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to 15 hours of free early learning and childcare per week during term time, qualifying from the term after their 3rd birthday. At Polka Day Care you can spread these 15 hours over the 50 weeks we are open if this is more convenient for you. Please speak to a member of staff for more information.
Polka Day Care is registered with many schemes offering family childcare vouchers, a tax free away of paying for your childcare via your employer. If you receive childcare vouchers we will be able to accept these as part/full payment of your childcare fees, please speak to the manager if you wish to pay your fees this way to ensure we are registered to the scheme your employer uses.
Working tax credits
If you work and pay for childcare you may be able to get extra help with the costs. This is the childcare element of working tax credits. Read more about claiming Working Tax Credits from the HMRC on their website.